You are currently not signed in.

Please sign in or register.

A good trading strategy

صفحہ: 1 2 >
Jun 24, 2011 05:57 pm
ironical User

پوسٹ: 734
کب سے رکن ہے: 22/04/2011

What would you most likely to expect when a stronger and a weaker opponents are fighting. The most likely outcome is that stronger will win. Forex can be seen in the same way. Pairing a stronger currency with weaker currency can help you in forex trading. In pairs trading, you are always buying a currency and selling the other. You can use strength and weakness of currencies in your favor.

The good or ill of a man lies within his own will. – Epictetus

Jun 25, 2011 03:22 pm
Sasha User

پوسٹ: 836
کب سے رکن ہے: 16/05/2011

I do not agree at all or may be I do not get what you r trying to say. Currency pairs in forex move according to real time currency valuation and devaluation. A weaker currency is already weakened and it is hard to predict if it will weaken more or not. So unless you really analyze and compare currencies you cannot tell which currency will move up and which one will go down. According to your statement a weaker currency will most probably go down. But the problem is that the weaker currency is already down. I dont think this is a good way to analyze the currency pairs.

Jun 26, 2011 12:56 pm
Champ User

پوسٹ: 711
کب سے رکن ہے: 17/05/2011

The "stronger vs weaker" strategy maybe good if you have a good knowledge about the specific currencies. I think stronger and weaker currency doesnt mean the overall value of a currency. It means the behavior of a currency in a specific period. If a currency is stronger vs another currency in some specific period then this strategy is good. But this is not a new strategy. All traders analyse this thing only and nothing else. Trends and graphs only show this data that which currency has performed better than the other currency in a currency pair. There are equilibrium gaps in currencies but to identify these gaps correctly is not an easy work.

http://www.fxstat.com/widget/link?t=tiny&c=1&s=24959&o1=growth&o2=drawdown&o3=profitfactor

Jun 30, 2011 03:04 am
Sasha User

پوسٹ: 836
کب سے رکن ہے: 16/05/2011

Ironical, have you ever tried this strategy? After reading comments, I think it is difficult to implement this strategy because pairs are already in almost equilibrium state. Pairs tend to fill equilibrium gaps fastly and if you can predict those gaps correctly then you can win a trade.

Maybe we can understand you strategy if you explain a bit more.

Aug 05, 2011 03:42 pm

پوسٹ: 939
کب سے رکن ہے: 21/04/2011

Originally posted by ironical
What would you most likely to expect when a stronger and a weaker opponents are fighting. The most likely outcome is that stronger will win. Forex can be seen in the same way. Pairing a stronger currency with weaker currency can help you in forex trading. In pairs trading, you are always buying a currency and selling the other. You can use strength and weakness of currencies in your favor.

Man, you r 100% correct that forex currency pair trading is a game of stronger vs weaker. But you know one thing??????????? All strategies are made to understand this game. At a specific point which currency is stronger or weaker as compared to the other is impossible to tell unless you perform an analysis. All EAs, signals and systems etc try to find this thing.

Stick to your rules

Aug 05, 2011 07:59 pm
Richde User

پوسٹ: 114
کب سے رکن ہے: 11/01/2011

If you buy EUR/USD it means you are buying the base-currency (EUR), and shorting (USD). That is all I think and trade the chart.

Personally I just look at the chart and do not pay attention to which currency is stronger at the pair. Strength and weaknesses are reflected @ the chart - that is what I think!

Keep it simple stupid

Aug 06, 2011 11:32 am
Jogi User

پوسٹ: 685
کب سے رکن ہے: 06/06/2011

Originally posted by Richde
If you buy EUR/USD it means you are buying the base-currency (EUR), and shorting (USD). That is all I think and trade the chart.

Personally I just look at the chart and do not pay attention to which currency is stronger at the pair. Strength and weaknesses are reflected @ the chart - that is what I think!

I agree with you and unique that strength and weakness of a currency cannot be detected unless you perform some kind of analysis. There are different kinds of analysis as Richde said simple price action. There are many complex techniques too.

It is not a simple task to identify stronger and weaker currency.

http://www.fxstat.com/widget/link?t=wide&c=1&s=26883&o1=growth&o2=drawdown&o3=monthly&o4=equity

Aug 07, 2011 04:45 pm

پوسٹ: 939
کب سے رکن ہے: 21/04/2011

Originally posted by ironical

Hey buddy, can you tell how do you identify a stronger and weaker currency?

Stick to your rules

Aug 08, 2011 02:38 pm
Jogi User

پوسٹ: 685
کب سے رکن ہے: 06/06/2011

Is there a possibility of an indicator showing the possible strength of a currency? If anyone has seen it please share it.

http://www.fxstat.com/widget/link?t=wide&c=1&s=26883&o1=growth&o2=drawdown&o3=monthly&o4=equity

Aug 12, 2011 04:48 pm
Champ User

پوسٹ: 711
کب سے رکن ہے: 17/05/2011

Originally posted by Jogi

Is there a possibility of an indicator showing the possible strength of a currency? If anyone has seen it please share it.

I have seen this kind of thing in the past. But I think you cannot predict future strength of a currency but the past strength of a currency based of different factors. I think it will not be wise to trade based on the previous data.

http://www.fxstat.com/widget/link?t=tiny&c=1&s=24959&o1=growth&o2=drawdown&o3=profitfactor

Sep 05, 2011 10:16 pm

پوسٹ: 513
کب سے رکن ہے: 08/02/2011

i start a thread with name of simple stratgy you can rad that strategy from my side comment on your thread.

http://www.xynafx.com/ Xynafx ... fund managers and forex signal service providers Minimum investment for our Forex managed Account service is $2k that will be managed individually in one investors account. XynaFx signals As low as $26 per Month.

صفحہ: 1 2 >