You are currently not signed in.

Please sign in or register.

Stoploss and No-Stop loss

Page: 1 2 >
Oct 09, 2011 05:01 pm
illiterate User

You can see many traders using SL and making profit. Similarly many traders not using SL and still making big profits with low drawdown.

Which one do u prefer and why u support it?

https://www.fxstat.com/widget/link?t=medium&c=1&s=25892&o1=growth&o2=drawdown&o3=monthly&o4=equity

Oct 10, 2011 04:40 pm
Sasha User

I think there was  similar discussion about it in this forum. Anyways SL strategies are always better as their is a predefined risk in these strategies. In No-SL strategies there is always a chance of high loss. I still do not understand such systems fully.

Oct 11, 2011 07:23 am
davidalfonsi Mirrorbeta

Yes i confirm. You might have very easy and good results with no SL but eventually that one time come that will waste you off. There is a third option even if is forbidden in US which I think is like setting a SL even maybe psychologically better which is hedging i.e. Open opposite position instead of closing the old ones.

Oct 11, 2011 12:32 pm
leebut User

I trade with stop losses. Lost 80 PIPs today because of stop losses. However, I'll never trade without one. Mine are probably too close. To me, hedging is a wast of time as you are trading both ways, thus not making any money.

Why is it so much easier to lose in FOREX than it is to win?

Oct 11, 2011 06:07 pm

Originally posted by leebut

I trade with stop losses. Lost 80 PIPs today because of stop losses. However, I'll never trade without one. Mine are probably too close. To me, hedging is a wast of time as you are trading both ways, thus not making any money.

Why is it so much easier to lose in FOREX than it is to win?

SL is a always a better option.

Actually whatever we assume is assumed by most of the traders like us. Whenever we think that "why market always go opposite to our decision". It is because small traders like us are thinking the same.

Hedging is actually securing ur profits but it also enables u to went through the difficult market periods where u really need to lock ur profit. I agree with u that hedging has more disadvantages. So high skills and trading experience is needed to use it to our advantage.

Stick to your rules

Oct 12, 2011 06:42 pm
ironical User

I am also a supporter of strategies that use SL. The reasons are very common that many of u know. Lower drawdown and better risk management. No-SL strategies do have logic and you will see many good traders not using SL. But I will prefer SL users of others.

The good or ill of a man lies within his own will. – Epictetus

Oct 17, 2011 04:14 pm
newentry User

Originally posted by illiterate

You can see many traders using SL and making profit. Similarly many traders not using SL and still making big profits with low drawdown.

Which one do u prefer and why u support it?

i did without stop loss...and i still get profit...and how about pips locker..did you use it or not?

Oct 18, 2011 04:04 pm
ironical User

I have never heard of pips locker. But it looks something similar to trailing SL. Please tell more abt it.

The good or ill of a man lies within his own will. – Epictetus

Apr 14, 2012 09:37 am
mrinalini User

It is always important in forex to minimize your risks and losses and then aim at consistent profits so it is important to trade with stop loss and a trader must make it a golden rule to always place stop loss to all their trades .

Jul 02, 2012 03:31 pm
bharat23 User

Well i don't like to use stop loss because whenever i used it i suffered a loss there and i just like to trade without it and i am just using take profit and i am in good profit.

Jul 02, 2012 03:45 pm
leebut User

Bharat23,

You must have a huge account balance to not get margin called. Not everyone has that luxury.

I'd hate to not have a stop loss and go long/short just prior to a trend change that moves 3,000 PIPs the wrong way, and then wait over a year for it to come back. That is if it ever does.

Page: 1 2 >