You are currently not signed in.

Please sign in or register.

How much tax do u pay in your country from revenue earned trading forex?

Página: 1 2 >
Dec 04, 2011 04:58 pm
rockefella User

Found out today that in the USA 60% of the capital gains are taxed at the lower, long-term capital gains rate (currently 15%) and the remaining 40% at the ordinary or short-term capital gains rate, which depends on the tax bracket the trader falls under (as high as 35%)

So i want you to tell me how much u pay in your country.pls follow the format;

Country = X%

(Comment if any)

Dec 06, 2011 06:09 pm
ironical User

oo. dunno... I will try to search about it and then I will tell u.

The good or ill of a man lies within his own will. – Epictetus

Dec 07, 2011 11:44 am
leebut User

In the UK, FOREX Trading is tax FREE (0% tax on FOREX profits) if you trade through a spread betting account, which works in the same way as a standard account.

Dec 07, 2011 12:01 pm
rockefella User

thanx for your contributions,...........i will be very glad if other traders contribute to this thread too as well....... :D

Dec 08, 2011 04:11 pm

I dont think there is any sort of tax on forex earnings here. But there is tax on if we trade in local stock markets.

Stick to your rules

Dec 08, 2011 04:19 pm
megrawab Hostedslavebeta

I also thought there is no tax in forex. I'm just not sure with the US. It seems they do have because forex brokers find it hard to accept US residents...

I am a hosted slave beta.

Dec 09, 2011 05:01 pm
illiterate User

Originally posted by megrawab

I also thought there is no tax in forex. I'm just not sure with the US. It seems they do have because forex brokers find it hard to accept US residents...

Same here. No tax.

https://www.fxstat.com/widget/link?t=medium&c=1&s=25892&o1=growth&o2=drawdown&o3=monthly&o4=equity

Dec 10, 2011 02:30 pm
ironical User

Originally posted by megrawab

Yes, this will be one of the main reasons. U.S. is making forex trading complicated for its clients

Dec 13, 2011 08:24 am
Champ User

There will be some sort of tax. Afterall its an earning. It is possible that profits of individual traders are sometimes too small and that is why ignored for tax purposes. If someone here is from UK and knows about taxation there, then he may tell us if UK residents pay tax on earnings or not. I dont think that it is only US residents who pay tax.

http://www.fxstat.com/widget/link?t=tiny&c=1&s=24959&o1=growth&o2=drawdown&o3=profitfactor

Dec 14, 2011 04:00 pm
ironical User

Originally posted by Champ

There will be some sort of tax. Afterall its an earning. It is possible that profits of individual traders are sometimes too small and that is why ignored for tax purposes. If someone here is from UK and knows about taxation there, then he may tell us if UK residents pay tax on earnings or not. I dont think that it is only US residents who pay tax.

Even if we search on google, this question is raised by many traders. It means most of the traders do not pay any tax on forex earnings. Either there is no tax on forex or traders do not disclose their forex earnings to avoid tax (which is illegal).

Mar 26, 2012 05:19 pm
Champ User

Originally posted by ironical

Originally posted by Champ

Even if we search on google, this question is raised by many traders. It means most of the traders do not pay any tax on forex earnings. Either there is no tax on forex or traders do not disclose their forex earnings to avoid tax (which is illegal).

I think it is not exempt. But maybe forex earnings is too small for most traders that is why it is exempt for them.

http://www.fxstat.com/widget/link?t=tiny&c=1&s=24959&o1=growth&o2=drawdown&o3=profitfactor

Página: 1 2 >